Fanfic

Angst Guy

Dark of Hearts
10/04 How would the third-season episode “Jake of Hearts” have gone if Jake’s father, Mad Dog Morgendorffer, were still alive? A twisted Daria/Tom shipper-fic from an alternate universe answers the question.
Howard
10/04 Daria Morgendorffer hears the story about Howard the duck (but not the one you are thinking of) in this third-season tale that explains why Trent Lane will not go into a bookstore. A little shipperiness and angst come with the humor.
More Than Just Lost
10/04 Jane Lane and Alison meet again, a few years after the events of the movie, “Is It Fall Yet?” in this play for three voices. The meeting, however, does not go as expected.
One More River to Cross
10/04 In helping Sandi Griffin through a difficult situation, Quinn Morgendorffer must make a decision that could determine her own nature, for good or for evil—but which choice is the right one? Story rated R for language and controversial content.
Potential
10/04 Quinn Morgendorffer meets the man of her dreams, but the potential for nightmares is there, too, in this post-“Is It College Yet?” continuation of the second-season “Daria” episode, “That Was Then, This Is Dumb.”
Prisoner of Hope
10/04 Daria’s sole fan from childhood is reunited with her heroine, only to learn a bitter lesson in this continuation of the fifth-season episode, “Camp Fear.”
Where No Light Breaks, Where No Sea Runs
10/04 Sunday afternoons at the Kinsington Women’s Correctional Facility are very slow, and one lone inmate has nothing to look forward to—until her only friend appears, and everything changes. Story rated R for language, violence, and sexual content.
Almost Strangers in the Night
11/04 A short Quinn/Upchuck shipper-fic. No, seriously. Look, it was Brother Grimace’s idea, so go blame him.
Driving Miss Daria
11/04 A shipper-fic with a surprise. With two failed relationships and three miserable years of college behind her, Daria sits down to write a difficult term paper. Then comes a knock at her apartment door. . . .
The Morgendorffer Code
11/04 Imagine a “Daria” crossover involving Dan Brown’s "The Da Vinci Code." Now imagine you’re about to read it.
Daria Dance Party
11/04 Song lyrics about an alternate-universe Daria that you aren’t likely to recognize—once the sun goes down.
Home on Deranged
11/04 The annual faculty-vs.-DJ competition at Lawndale High School gains a Wild West flavor when mechanical bull riding becomes the death-sport of choice. A third-season “Daria” comedy script (before Tom), set during Daria’s junior high-school year.
Like Father, Like—
11/04 What personality quirks did Daria inherit from her father, Jake? One possibility is explored in this ficlet.
Special Delivery
11/04 Why was Daria out after curfew in “The Big House”? One possible (if far-fetched) explanation is given here, in this prequel to that episode.
Tiffany in Futureland
11/04 A sad ficlet with a happy ending. Tiffany Blum-Deckler stars in this topical political/sci-fi tidbit written in early November 2004, before the elections.
True Lies
11/04 What were Daria and Quinn really doing out late on a school night just before they were caught by their parents in the opening scene of “The Big House”? And who would dare to believe their answers?
Kill Tom (Volumes 1 and 2)
11/04 The Deadly Fashion Viper Squadron meets its match in this Daria/"Kill Bill" crossover.
See Jane Spike
11/04 Daria, Jane, and the Fashion Club find themselves on opposing teams in a nasty session of volleyball—a first-season sequel, of sorts, to the opening scenes from every “Daria” show in which Daria screws up the game for Stacy and Tiffany.
Gone
1/05 The Cuban Missile Crisis boils over in October 1962, and the lives of three young sisters change forever. Helen, Rita, and Amy Barksdale star in this tale of sibling bonds tested under the worst of worst-case scenarios.
Dear Whoever
1/05 Daria minutia: a sad plea from a “Daria” character, from the unpublished musical version of, “And When Your Heart Begins to Bleed” (not really, but if there was one, this song would be in it).
Like Angels' Visits, Short and Bright
1/05 Amy Barksdale and two girlfriends are in a spot of trouble, with the fate of Earth at stake, in this way-over-the-top crossover of “Daria,” “Charlie’s Angels,” Robert Heinlein’s "Starship Troopers," the USAF Space Command, and H. P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu stories, if you will.
The IUF Tale, or, Total Disaster in a Nutshell
1/05 The author inserts himself and numerous other Daria fans, particularly members of the notorious IUF, into a lurid Daria fanfic, a nightmarish tale of cartoon lust and horror. You won’t understand this unless you’ve read the IUF spam threads on PPMB. No penguins were harmed in the writing of this script. I swear.
Smoking Mirror
1/05 After a disastrous experience in Central America, Penny Lane returns to Lawndale, her life in shambles—but with her is a dark souvenir that unravels the lives of everyone around her in terrifying ways.
Nine Point Oh
1/05 Just before noon, January 1, 2005, west of Petchkasem Road down to Bang Niang Beach, resort city of Khao Lak, Phang-Nga province, Kingdom of Thailand: The Griffin family’s New Year.
Darialance
1/05 A Daria/Dragonlance crossover was suggested, and a ficlet was born.
Nothing Happens for a Reason
1/05 College freshmen Daria Morgendorffer and Tom Sloane are together again, joyously happy and blissfully in love—until the day she finds him in bed with a small zoo and Tiffany Blum-Deckler. You’ll weep, you’ll cry, you’ll kiss ten minutes of your life goodbye when you read this unofficial sequel to Mahna Mahna’s Daria/Tom shipper, “Everything Happens for a Reason.”
The Thirteenth Man
1/05 Compared to his intellectually and morally challenged classmates at Lawndale High, Daria’s classmate “Mack” Mackenzie is almost superhuman. What if he really was superhuman? Enter an alternate universe in which Mack is not only too good to be true, he’s even better than that. What could possibly go wrong for a straight-arrow guy who can do anything and everything? Let us see.
Darius
2/05 Imagine “Daria” with a Y chromosome. What might have happened if the eldest child of Jake and Helen Morgendorffer had been born a boy? Here is an alternate-history might-have-been, or a parallel-universe might-yet-be, with all the fallout.
(This story is rated R for language, intense family conflict, sexual situations, and abuse issues.)
When the Torrent of That Time Comes Pouring Back
2/05 The lone survivor of a disastrous family vacation returns to Lawndale in January 2005, in this sequel to the Daria fanfic, “Nine Point Oh.”
The Amazing Adventures of D-Day and the Mighty Jane!
4/05 The unstoppable D-Day Morgendorffer and The Mighty Jane Lane face their greatest challenge yet in this alternate-universe tale of superheroes, supervillains, cliffhangers, and sudden death!
But Now Is Found
4/05 In this sequel to “Who Once Was Lost,” twelve-year-old Daria Morgendorffer, the only human known to have been kidnapped by aliens, tries to return to a normal life in her new home in Lawndale. Now younger than her sister Quinn, Daria finds fitting into school again is tough—but the trouble has only started. Someone is looking for her and will stop at nothing to find her, and what will happen if she’s found, no one can say.
Easy A
4/05 A ficlet that proves that a good grade in school doesn’t always mean that getting it was a good thing, too.
Illusions
4/05 What did Daria see behind the attic door that made her faint? Would you believe . . . another Daria? Prepare for a long crossover journey into strange but familiar Lawndales, drawn from alternate-universe Daria fanfics by almost a dozen authors!
Who Once Was Lost
4/05 Two little girls from Highland, Texas, go to Camp Grizzly for several weeks of annoying summer fun. Only one little girl comes home. Three years later, the other little girl begins her long journey back—but she discovers that the world has moved on without her. Inspired by the fifth-season Daria episode, “Camp Fear,” “Who Once Was Lost” is the first tale in a science-fiction series about a Daria displaced in time.
And When Your Heart Begins to Bleed
4/05 Daria, Jane, Quinn, Stacy, Sandi, and other students at Lawndale High struggle through a brutal twenty-four-hour period of unforeseen challenges, in this alternate-universe tale created from a list of the “Top Ten Things That Never Happen in Daria Fanfics” (with a few extra ideas thrown in).
Aunt Kara
4/05 When Helen Morgendorffer’s youngest sister (the “wild one” from Hollywood) comes to visit, guess which member of the family gets the biggest surprise!
Jane Unchained
4/05 During a sensory deprivation experiment, Jane Lane reveals a talent for getting her freedom—in a very unexpected way.
Nine-eleven and Counting
4/05 The lives of Daria and Quinn Morgendorffer and Jane Lane are caught up in the events of September 11, 2001, when Quinn flies to Boston to visit Daria one weekend—then tries to fly home on that terrible Tuesday morning.
As She Remembered It in the Long Years After
8/05 An alternate-universe love that never spoke its name finally does . . . too late.
Deus Jane
8/05 What was happening behind the scenes of the Daria show? Were the show’s artistic and script-related mistakes truly “accidental”? Who was the show really about? Discover the shocking answers in this fantasy crossover tale about a teenage girl whose Neverland was her own home town: Lawndale.
Like a Circle in a Spiral
8/05 Mystik Spiral hits it big—but not in the way they had always expected. This post-IICY tale spins off from the Daria episode, “Speedtrapped.”
Making the Breast of It
8/05 A ficlet about an alternate-universe superheroine with two big problems.
Sudden Death Overtime
8/05 A pink blossom grows from Kevin Thompson's crutch at the end of the fourth-season episode, “A Tree Grows in Lawndale.” What happened after that? This horror-story sequel starts immediately following the blossom’s appearance, so its beginning is entirely in canon!
Forgotten But Not Gone
8/05 The statue of a bearded man stands in Lawndale’s Village Green, but no one in town knows who he is. When Daria is reluctantly goaded into discovering the bearded man’s his identity, she and Jane uncover a bizarre ninety-year-old mystery that leads them into extraordinary danger. This (slightly AU) Daria fanfic is set in the “lost summer” between Daria’s sophomore and junior year at Lawndale High School.
Brave New World
10/05 The only thing worse than waking up without remembering where you are, who you are with, or how you got there . . . is remembering.
Drive
10/05
Investigative show hosts Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane take their “Good Mornings with Daria and Jane Show” to a Pacific island that houses a secret government research base—and are caught up in a nightmare that leads them farther from home than they can imagine in this near-future science-fiction adventure based on MTV’s “Daria.”
Mad Dog
10/05 A Halloween tale from an alternate Daria universe: "There shall be done a deed of dreadful note" (William Shakespeare, "Macbeth").
Polly Andry Rides Again
10/05 Jeffy, Joey, or Jamie? Quinn can’t make up her mind which boy she wants to be with, so she picks . . . all of them.
Unto the End
10/05 A church-based debate on the War in Iraq gets out of control—thanks to the one person least likely to cause such a problem.
Snow Ball in Hell
12/05 Mrs. Johanssen collects souvenir snow domes--but only a certain kind, as Tricia Gupty discovers (rock video script developed for an Iron Chef contest).
African Queen
3/09
Fourteen heavily armed men went hunting for her in the jungle. It was not a fair fight.
After the End
3/09
Jane eventually forgave Daria for kissing Tom . . . but what if she hadn’t? What if the “freakin’ friends” were no more? An AU story with many twists.
And All Was Right With the World
3/09 A soldier comes home, but the war has never left him.
And I on the Opposite Shore Will Be
3/09
Jane Lane makes a stunning confession to her closest friend—but is it a secret she should have kept to herself? A tale of how “The Lawndale File” could have gone.
Another Damn Mary Sue Fanfic
3/09
The author writes a Mary Sue story for “Daria.” The cause of literature is hurled back into the Dark Ages.
Anything for Jane
3/09
A Mother’s Day fanfic about a girl who discovers her favorite aunt was more important in her life than she had imagined.
April Is the Cruelest Month
3/09
Two junior undergraduates from Boston take their medical and emotional problems with them during spring break in the Rockies. (Rated R)
The Art of Seeing
3/09
When Daria meets Jane in an alternate universe, they discover things that the eye will never find.
As Many Worlds as There Are Artists
3/09
Daria and Jane consider their future after high school, while Trent and his friends discuss Mystik Spiral’s next masterpiece—but what if things had come out differently, artistically speaking?
Backhanded Remarks
3/09
Sandi Griffin courts disaster at the French Open tennis tournament, and nets a ton of trouble.
The Ballad of Stacy Rowe
3/09
A musical spin-off from a much better fanfic by E. A. Smith (“Good Intentions”), this bluegrass-music ballad works best if sung to the tune of Grandpa Jones’s famous “Mountain Dew,” with banjo accompaniment.
Bus Stop
3/09
A crossover ficlet with an ironic “uh-oh.”
But in Her Heart a Cold December
3/09
“Might be CIA,” Daria Morgendorffer sarcastically wrote of the security-obsessed principal of “Laaawndale High,” Angela Li—but Daria was closer to the truth than she knew. From her hospital bed, Ms. Li reviews her turbulent life through the Cold War as she recovers from her breakdown in the fifth-season episode, “Fizz Ed.”
Can’t Touch That!
3/09
Kevin “QB Hammer” Thompson gets his fifteen seconds of fame on “Lawndale Idol,” with predictable results.
A Certain Amount of Depth
3/09
Quinn Morgendorffer and David Sorenson meet in Lawndale just before Quinn’s senior year, and they try to resolve troubling issues between them from the time when he was her tutor a year earlier in “Is It Fall Yet?”
Click, Click, Boom
3/09
Somewhere in an alternate universe, Daria Morgendorffer meets Jane Lane, and before you know it, and they’re all over Lawndale, shooting people—so to speak.
Could Someone Turn Down the Sun?
3/09
Wackiness aplenty takes place on the “Good Mornings with Daria and Jane Show,” when Madame Tiffany the psychic accidentally causes the sun to go nova and destroy the earth. How will Daria and Jane cope with the loss of their core audience and network ratings, not to mention an astronomical catastrophe? Read on and find out! (Based on the future-ego shots at the end of “Is It College Yet?”)
Crossing Over
3/09
A dystopian Mary Sue crossover “Daria” metafic ficlet that should not have been written.
Change the World
3/09
Mr. O’Neill asks his class to write inspirational essays—and comes to regret it when Daria Morgendorffer reads one entitled, “You, Too, Can Change the World.”
darea
3/09
Unrequited love is not always properly spelled.
Daria 2007: The Girl from Hope
3/09
What might “Daria” have been like if the show had taken place in 2007, ten years later than it did? And what if Daria had gone to an alternate high school back in Highland? One answer to those questions lies in this response to two fanfic challenges. (Rated R)
Daria’s Addition
3/09
What could have happened after “Jane’s Addition”: Daria finds a new friend that comes in a bottle and is 80 proof.
Darkness
3/09
In the not-too-distant future, a funeral-home director in Montana struggles to defend her family and home from the End Times foretold in the Book of Revelation. The protagonist? A tormented, world-weary, thirty-something cynic named Daria. (Rated R)
Die! Die! You Bastard!
3/09
After ruining Jane’s hair-dye job, Daria fears she has lost her best friend. Jane, for her part, fears Daria is trying to steal her boyfriend, Tom. Will everything work out for the best? And what does T. S. Eliot have to do with any of this?
Every Hour Saved from That Eternal Silence
3/09
Astronaut Daria Morgendorffer takes one small step on the greatest voyage of her life—then discovers her ultimate destination is not the moon, but hell.
Feeding Frenzy
3/09
On a most unusual day at Lawndale High School, Upchuck discovers that he has—somehow—become the king of the babe magnets.
The First Time
3/09
Daria and Tom do it for the first time—and it’s rated G!
Fortunate One
3/09
When Quinn Morgendorffer moves with her family to Lawndale, she tells her new friends that she is an only child—but she secretly suspects this was not always so. Did she once have a big sister? What happened to her? Where did she go? And was her sister named . . . Daria?
The Girl Who Walked Home All Alone in the Dark
3/09
Jane Lane tells a slightly twisted bedtime story to the Gupty kids, in the manner of the “Legends of the Mall” episode.
Go Ahead and Dance
3/09
The lyrics to one of Trent Lane’s better-known songs, written after Mystik Spiral’s move to Boston (shortly after Trent’s sister Jane began college there).
Hal Point Nine
3/09
A story about a girl and her unusual . . . pet.
Highland Fling
3/09
The best night that Daria ever had in Highland, Texas, did not start out in a promising way.
History Lesson
3/09
The Morgendorffers discover a new member of their family tree.
I Never Metamorphosis I Didn’t Like
3/09
Daria Morgendorffer awakens one morning from uneasy dreams to find herself transformed into a giant cockroach. Seriously. Well, not seriously, but a giant cockroach. We’re talking great literature. Based on it, I mean.
If You Only Walk Long Enough
3/09
A ten-year-old girl in abject misery at summer camp has an unexpected conversation with a talking cat.
The Impossible
3/09
A little girl realizes her goal in life with the help of an even smaller girl—a bright blue one.
In the Beginning
3/09
Brittany Taylor is hiding a guilty pleasure. How will people react when they discover what she’s been doing, and how long will she keep lying about it?
Invisible Planet
3/09
Quinn Morgendorffer sets out to visit her aunt, Amy Barksdale, for a long January weekend. When her plans are literally shot to pieces, Quinn discovers that nothing is as she once believed, and saving her aunt from further harm might also mean saving the entire world as well.
It Slipped Through My Hands, Like a Shadow, Like a Dream
3/09
In an alternate universe, a lonely outcast named Daria moves from Highland to Lawndale . . . yet in the wake of a single change to the Dariaverse we know, disaster spreads. The one who could have prevented the horrors now cannot, and the avalanche of chaos widens to engulf everyone the outcast has known—unless someone takes a stand to stop it. (Rated R)
Just Desserts
3/09
Timothy O’Neill makes a special dinner for Janet Barch—right after Barch makes O’Neill stop taking that completely unnecessary psychiatric medication.
A Knight to Remember
3/09
An offbeat “Daria” shipper about a girl, a guy, and a Batmobile. The tale continues from where the fifth-season episode “Sappy Anniversary” leaves off.
Life Is Good
3/09
A very short tale of an evil Daria and a sympathetic Tom. Sort of.
Luuuv Story
3/09
A decade after high school, Daria and Quinn learn that their widowed mother, Helen Morgendorffer, has a special man in her life . . . and it’s Kevin Thompson. A sensitive and touching portrayal of mindless sex gone wrong.
Mack Daddy
3/09
Andrew Landon and Michael Mackenzie meet again, years after Mack and Jodie graduate high school, and Mr. Landon says something that Mack never expects.
Meet the Fashion Club
3/09
There was one career path that the Fashionable Foursome could have taken, if they had wanted popularity, money, fame, and dates—and had talent, too.
Memory Lame
3/09
Amy Barksdale tells a little story, and Daria and Quinn almost die as a result.
A Midsummer Nightmare’s Daria
3/09
Quinn pulls a prank that causes Jake to think that Daria has taken up demon worship, and he takes Daria to a weekend father-daughter seminar to bring her “back to the light.” Add in a few former classmates, romance, and an unexpected twist—by way of Stephen King—and a very strange summer weekend gets underway in Lawndale.
Natural Charms
3/09
When Upchuck takes up modeling photography, things unexpectedly develop in a negative way.
Next in Line
3/09
Thirty years from now, three old friends reunite to remember the past, just moments before the future arrives to overtake them.
No One Lives Forever
3/09
It’s a typical day in Los Angeles for Brittany Taylor: warm sun, busy streets, job hunting, and sudden death.
The Nothingness of Being
3/09
Joey arrives to take Quinn on a date—but she slams the door in his face. What happened after that moment in the fifth-season “Daria” episode, “One J at a Time”?
Nuthouse
3/09
Dinnertime visitors at the Morgendorffer home prove that Jake was right about one thing after all.
The Omega Jane
3/09
After a lethal pandemic kills almost everyone alive, Jane Lane inherits the earth—but only from dawn to dusk. Ghouls by the billions arise after sunset, and Daria Morgendorffer is one of them. A horror tale inspired by Richard Matheson’s classic novel of paranoia and vampirism, “I Am Legend” (later filmed as “The Omega Man”). (Rated R)
The Original Underground Government-Suppressed Version of Brother Grimace’s Classic ‘Daria’ Fanfic, ‘The Sun Will Come Out, Tomorrow’
3/09
A sad example of what happens when a fanfic writer takes a well-known opening scene from another fanfic writer’s story and mucks it up, abusing other fanfic writers in the process. There ought to be a law. However, since there isn’t, you may as well read this.
The Other Story of D
3/09
Jane discovers a short story that Daria wrote during a low period in her life, and she gains a view into her friend that she never imagined existed.
Outcasts from Beyond
3/09
On her way to see Tom Sloane, Daria Morgendorffer has a car wreck—but that’s only the start of her problems in this long, weird alternate-universe/crossover “Daria” tale of secret identities and super-powers that begins about halfway through “Boxing Daria” and heads into the wild blue.
Pander Bare
3/09
Daria mulls a possible career path as a nude exotic dancer—for a moment.
Prayers for a SAINT
3/09
Amy Barksdale takes her favorite niece out to celebrate the publication of a Melody Powers story. Another story follows.
Pristine
3/09
Tom discovers that his ex-girlfriend Daria has gotten a new car—but he has forgotten that old saying about curiosity and cats.
Quinnisqatsi
3/09
A Daria/Koyaanisqatsi crossover. It is impossible to describe this story better than that.
Quinnts, Episode #101: Extremesters
3/09
Mike Xeno once asked, what if Quinn were a quint? Thanks to shoddy fertility drugs, Quinn in this alternate-history tale becomes the oldest of a group of quintuplets—five same-age, genetically identical sisters, each with her own interests. The dramatic effects that this has on the Morgendorffers’ life are revealed—with the equally dramatic effects this new family arrangement has on the more-outcast Daria.
Scarlett
3/09
When Daria moved to Lawndale and started school at Lawndale High, someone else moved there and started classes with her. Introducing Scarlett, her mouse, and the Lawndale Leopards in an illustrated tale about what the background characters were REALLY doing behind the scenes of our favorite show, “Daria.”
The Secret Life
3/09
Two college students from Lawndale finally realize they were made for each other—but will anyone else realize this, too?
Self-Insertion
3/09
A semi-erotic furry Mary-Sue fanfic for the “Daria” show. One day I will regret ever writing this, I am sure.
Small Worlds
3/09
Jane and Daria meet a new Tom in this shameless Mary Sue.
Snowflakes
3/09
Daria makes a surprising discovery while looking through her parents’ bedroom drawers, but the real surprise is yet to come.
The Sound of Muzak
3/09
Music can have a tremendous influence on fanfic writing. Examples are offered from this writer’s own “Daria” works. This essay has been extensively revised.
Stacy and the Lamp
3/09
Stacy Rowe rubs an ancient brass lamp, gets three wishes—and it’s the end of the world as Lawndale knows it.
Stacy in Hell
3/09
A cautionary tale. The title says it all.
Suite for Cello, Two-Part Invention
3/09
Brittany Taylor has a secret talent—and her new tutor, David Sorenson, is about to discover what it is.
The Summer of the Hot Lake
3/09
The younger siblings and relatives of major “Daria” characters find themselves spending the summer at “Uncle” Timothy O’Neill’s Okay-to-Cry Corral, with none other than Wind Lane as their cabin counselor. There, the kids face the horrors of rice cakes and tofu for breakfast, therapy sessions to heal their inner selves, a legendary monster in the cooling pond of a nearby nuclear power plant, and—first love. Sam and Chris Griffin, Rachel Landon, Brian Taylor, Link (from the movie, “Is It Fall Yet?”), and Jane Lane’s nephew and niece, Adrian and Courtney, appear herein. The action takes place during the summer after the conclusion of the movie, “Is It College Yet?”
Terrible Tales of Tiffany
3/09
A series of unfortunate dates with Tiffany Blum-Deckler, guaranteed to bring new meaning to the term “dismemberment.”
There Beneath the Blue Suburban Skies
3/09
Ninth-grader Daria Morgendorffer learns from her new phys-ed teacher at Highland High that the future can ride on the flip of a coin.
The Thong Remains the Same
3/09
In this sensitive and insightful, though unofficial, continuation of Kara Wild’s Driven Wild Universe, Amy and Joel separate after fighting over a trivial issue, as married couples usually do, and they and Daria, Jane, Quinn, Helen, Jake, Tom, and everyone else wander Lawndale in search of a plot that is supposed to involve thongs. I think this is also the first “Daria” fanfic to feature a Hooters restaurant as a major setting.
Though the Course May Change Sometimes, Rivers Always Reach the Sea
3/09
Ten years after she met Daria Morgendorffer at Lawndale High School, Jane Lane has moved on with her life—but adulthood has led her in unusual directions. (Rated R)
Three Ways of Looking at a Tiffany Blum-Deckler
3/09
Just what is the deal with Tiffany Blum-Deckler, anyway? Three suggestions from science-fiction movies follow.
Through a Scooby Darkly
3/09
Daria meets Scooby-Doo! Isn’t that great?
Tiffany in Wonderland
3/09
Tiffany Blum-Deckler goes to Wonderland, and Wonderland goes to heck.
Till Death Do Us Part
3/09
 “I’m in the witness protection program,” Daria told the bridesmaids at her cousin Erin’s wedding. “The Morgendorffers were kind enough to take me in after my real family was exterminated by the mob.” What if she had been telling the truth? Here is an alternate-history version of the wedding episode, “I Don’t.”
The Two of Them
3/09
A blind date goes horribly awry—or does it? A Daria/Stacy shipper from an Iron Chef challenge, just because.
Uranium in the Drinking Water
3/09
There really was uranium in Highland’s water supply—and a new kind of Daria Morgendorffer is the result! Meet Daria the Faerie, the counterpart to Tinker-Jane of “Jane Unchained,” in this response to an Iron Chef fantasy challenge.
Winter in Hell
3/09
Two cynical outcasts, seniors at Lawndale High School and the best of friends, struggle through another difficult day. (Rated R)
Wish Upon a Fallen Star
3/09
Stacy Rowe goes out on a weird date with Ted DeWitt-Clinton—and together they discover the future.
Wonderlane
3/09
It was hot, and little Jane Lane was tired and bored and had nothing to do, when a White Rabbit wearing a waistcoat ran past her, and—
You Don’t Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows
3/09
A terrible secret from the past catches up with a former hippie radical, engulfing her family, her job, and the rest of her life.
The Boy with Sea Green Eyes
5/10 Of all the “what ifs” of Daria, the most intriguing pivot around Tom Sloane’s appearance in the series. What if neither Jane nor Daria had hooked up with him? Here is one possible outcome.
Collection Day
5/10 What happened to Tommy Sherman after the goalpost crate fell on him? Nothing good, that’s for sure.
A Life of Bit Parts
5/10 What if "Daria" had been a scripted, live-action TV show? Where might the actors be now? Through an interview with his sister, we look into the life of a one-shot actor whose character everyone recalls.
Short & Sweet
5/10 This is an anthology of 25 ficlets and one-shots that are not worth posting by themselves. I’m not sure if they’re worth posting even as a group, but I have no self-respect and I love to bother people, so here they are.
The Stick Is Canon!
5/10 There should perhaps be limits on how literally fanfic writers can interpret canon, or on how trivial a detail can be to not be worth writing about.
Stupid
5/10 It was the worst possible relationship in every way but one.
That’s Daria!
5/10 What if “Daria” returned to the airwaves... as an offbeat teen sitcom created in the most way-out-there Hollywood style?
They Don’t Love You Like I Love You
5/10 There is a fine line between fandom and complete insanity—too fine for some fans to discern.
What Goes Around
5/10 There are lots of ways in which “Dye! Dye! My Darling” could have come out better. And there are lots of ways it could have ended far, far worse.
With a Wicked Pack of Cards
5/10 In an alternate universe, in their senior year at Lawndale High, Sandi and Quinn discover that Tiffany has a hidden talent for cards—Tarot cards. But Tiffany is not using her deck for mere card tricks...
Esteemsters: 4chan /b/ edition
5/10 The Daria episode "Esteemsters" as it would look in script form on 4chan's Random (/b/) channel. Hang on for the ride.
Pause in the Air
Pause in the Air
1/05 An unexpected guest appears during Thanksgiving dinner at the Morgendorffers’ home (story #1 in the Pause in the Air series).
Thanks Giving
1/05 Thanksgiving is a time for families to go a little crazy, but it is also a time for . . . giving thanks (story #2 in the Pause in the Air series).
Moving Day
1/05 A romantic conversation—but since when was anything what it seemed? (story #3 in the Pause in the Air series).
Silent Night
1/05 A question about a High Power is posed and answered (story #4 in the Pause in the Air series).
Shock and Aww
1/05 Two parents-to-be wrestle with attitude problems and a need for change at their first childbirth class (story #5 in the Pause in the Air series).
Family Affairs
1/05 Valentine’s Day in Boston has a twisted surprise for college freshmen Daria and Jane (story #6 in the Pause in the Air series).
Writes of Spring
1/05 Winter changes to spring, and more changes come to light in the little home of two Boston college students (story #7 in the Pause in the Air series).
April Showers
2/05
A surprise visitor opens the door to chaos in the little world of two Boston college freshmen, two months away from the birth of their child (story #8 in the Pause in the Air series).
Labor Relations
10/05 On a dark and stormy night before a funeral, the tiny world of a married couple in college changes forever (story #9 in the Pause in the Air series).
After Birth
3/09 A moment after midnight with mother and child (story #10 in the Pause in the Air series).
The Awakening
11/09 A teenager girl makes a slight change in her diet—and discovers that the real world is not.
Eight Miles High
11/09 It is better sometimes to never wake up.
The Fury
11/09 "I acknowledge the Furies, I believe in them, I have heard the disastrous beating of their wings." --Theodore Dreiser
Roamin' Holiday
11/09 A familiar face turns out to be Daria Morgendorffer’s college roommate—but it wasn’t a face she had ever expected.
Schrödinger’s Tiger
11/09 Quantum physics and murder—the perfect combination.
Viagra Falls
11/09 In the wake of a bizarre medical disaster, the military draft is reinstated—but it’s for women as well as men. And Daria has a problem with that.

No Author Description.

Feedback on these stories is welcome: Please write to: theangstguy@yahoo.com

Artwork based on "Where No Light Breaks, Where No Sea Runs", drawn by Rick Hennigan.

Daria in Chains

Daria Morgendorffer at the Kinsington Women's Correctional Facility, from "Where No Light Breaks, Where No Sea Runs," by The Angst Guy.

"Dariaverse Meets Dariaverse," by Damaged Roses (a scene from the fanfic "Illusions," by CharlieGirl, The Angst Guy, and Angelinhel)

A world-hopping Daria discovers to her annoyance that her alternate-world selves always faint upon first meeting her. This work was created by Damaged Roses in February 2005 using Paint Shop Pro 8.0.

"But Now Is Found," by Uzurpator (for the fanfic, "But Now Is Found," by The Angst Guy)

Young Daria and an alien invader take a story break to comment on the author of "But Now Is Found." This work was created in May 2004. Says Uzurpator, "As for technique - I have first drawn the basic shapes and contours using b-splines, then simply filled resulting bitmap with colors. Nothing special really."

"Darius," by Nick "Ranchoth" Gaston (2005) (a scene from the fanfic "Darius," by The Angst Guy)

"By my records, I finished it in mid-March. And to create it, I composited promotional art of Daria, with a couple of screencaps of Mr. O'Neill, one of the three Js, and a hint of Jake's jaw. I mostly used Color It! 2.3, a freeware Mac paint program I got free on a floppy disc with a Macworld book in 1994, and did the background (a distorted photo of the cover of El Greco) and a lighting filter in PhotoLine, a shareware paint program, before wrapping it all together in Color It." -- Ranchoth.


Sick, Sad World (the site) was created by Wraith