Review for "Spring Break In Hell" by Dr Belch
Article by Eric Noss, aka Mr. Maddog...

One may be only half fooled by reading the title as this story as nothing to do with any spring break, but it delivers in giving one the experience of suffering the damnation of hell.

The story goes as the usual gang head towards Athens, Georgia to perform at a Mystic Spyral concert when their van breaks down at an outhouse of a town. Daria and Jane encounter a rowdy group of teenagers who protect the town from anyone of African decent. Jon, the male personification of Daria minus the IQ, has gained superpowers through a freak accident and his gang of friends hang out in a treehouse. Such absurd nonsense treads on the same ground as South Park, which is more suitable with all the vulgarity and racial slurs which we shall get into later.

The writing style seems hard to follow as when one character is talking, then some action happens, and then the same character continues. But they finish right after the action description which defies the standards of script writing. Add the novel idea of capitalizing everyone's names, including in the dialog, to the mix and you can tell this isn't junior high English material.

The only trueness to the show is the many times all the gags are used from it as well as Beavis and Butthead. You would think Daria would take ample time to cut down everyone in the story, but instead she becomes a sort of sex object that contorts to the twisted style of writing.

But despite all the listed flaws above, there are two things about "Spring Break" which keeps it from not only being a masterpiece but any type of literature as defined by any proper civilization. First is the blatant racism, which only a red neck can love. "Look up in the sky! Is it a bird, a plane? No... it's KLAN MAN!!" It's quite funny how all the swear words are blanked out but not horrible garbage like "nigger". If you were offended by the last sentence, then you will be even more sickened by the story.

Now, everyone who has ever gone to high school and feels alienated (typical of teenage life) can identify with Daria which helps make the show popular. No one can be blamed for that. But when someone says that he "is" Daria, then that sort of sick obsession should only be shared with a therapist. And that seriously cripples Daria from any proper interaction based on her character because a wannabe steals the spotlight. She would have been better off with Beavis and Butthead because the sarcasm we all love has been watered down to make room for a storyline that is anything but credible.

In short, this is a very bad impersonation of a Kain crossover. The writing is as uneven as the different parts that have been chopped up. "Spring Break" may try to look and act like Daria, but sadly it comes off more as Stewart. Cue the Winger music...

On the scale of "Crapness"...

Diarrhea! (Cha, cha, cha...)

Eric Noss
a.k.a
Mr. Maddog