Party Favors

 

Quinn was truly desperate.

 

“Oh C’mon Daria. I’ll do something for you later. I promise.”

 

Daria sat at the table with her arms crossed and stared at her sister.

 

“And what’s my motivation?”

 

“Please Daria. Don’t make me beg any more. I’m in trouble. The Halloween Carnival is tonight and the fashion club needs three-dozen caramel apples for our booth. Sandi, Stacy, and Tiffany were supposed to help but they never showed up. Now I’m desperate.”

 

Uncrossing her arms and getting up, Daria asked, “And when is the subject of compensation going to come up?”

 

Reaching into her pocket Quinn pulled out a five-dollar bill.

 

“Here. I swear this is all I have. Now will you help?”

 

Pocketing the bill, Daria said, “Okay. Let’s get started.”

 

Quinn pointed to a bag on the counter.

 

“Great. There are the supplies. I need to get to the meeting to help finish deciding what we are all going to wear. We need the apples ready in four hours. Thanks. Bye.”

 

As Quinn ran out of the kitchen, Daria gave her a cross look.

 

Later that evening, Daria and Jane were walking down the corridors of Lawndale High. As they strolled, Jane spoke, “I can’t believe you wanted to come to this. Mind if I ask why?”

 

Stopping at the corner, Daria pointed at the fashion club booth.

 

“Quinn conned me into making three-dozen caramel apples for her today. There they are.”

 

Jane looked at Daria with confusion.

 

“And you came here to see how they were selling?”

 

Shaking her head, Daria said, “Not exactly. I fell a little short of having enough apples.”

 

“By how many?”

 

“Four.”

 

Quickly Jane counted the rows.

 

“There are thirty six apples there.”

 

Daria smirked.

 

“So I had to make a substitution.”

 

Now Jane was really confused. “You did? With what?”

“One second and you’ll see.”

 

As they watched, the three J’s all showed up. When they found out Quinn was responsible for the apples all three grabbed one. As they bit into them Joey and Jeffy chewed away while Jamie ate but was in obvious agony.

 

Turning to look at Jane, Daria said, “Okay we can go. I wanted to see who got the first onion.”

 

The End

 

As usual, Daria belongs to MTV. This was written for my own amusement.